Suresh Prabhu announced railway budget 2016-17 on 25th February 2016. He announced that he wanted to keep the railways face competitive when compared to the other modes of transport especially. Road and Air.
Below is a slide show of the highlights of the Railway Budget 2016-17
Below presentation captures the low-level summary of the railway budget presented by Suresh Prabhu in the budget-session of the Parliament of India.
Highlights of 2016-17 Indian Railway Budget
- Mission ‘zero accident’ to prevent train mishaps from the year 2016. Target Date: 2017 March.
- Passenger Fares Unchanged
- Freight rates unchanged
- Three new super fast trains by the year 2019
- Humsafar fully 3AC service with option of meals
- Tejas will run at 130 KMPH, with entertainment services and wi-fi.
- Uday will be an overnight double-decker train
- Utkrishit will be a double-decker AC on business routes – between Delhi and Mumbai