RCTC Railway & Airlines News updates.
- Revised IRCTC Railway Ticket Cancellation FeesBelow are the cancellation charges for 3rd AC, 2nd AC, 1st AC, Sleeper class and general tickets as of 2016 January.
Class of Travel Cancellation Charges (Rs)
1st AC (aka Executive Class) 240 2 AC (aka 1st Class) 200 3AC, AC Chaircar (aka ACC), 3A Economy 180 SL (aka Sleeper Class) 120 General Ticket 60
- IRCTC ties up with KFCNow you can enjoy KFC meals in the train. IRCTC has tied up with KFC and KFC would be offering food at major railway stations and in the trails itself.
- IRCTC now allows FTR service to publicIndian Railways FTR service is where you can book transport in bulk – be it passenger transport or goods transport.
You can book a whole compartment for a special occasion. Similarly you will now be allowed to book a complete container to transport domestic household items. All you need is a PAN card.You can register yourself for the service here. http://www.ftr.irctc.co.in/ftr/
- Railway Minister :: D V Sadananda Gowda SwearsD V Sadananda Gowda, who was former Chief Minister of Karnataka and lost in 2013 assembly elections, now gets the railway ministry in Modi’s Government. Continue reading →
- Hike in train fare by Bansal from 21st January 2013 – Now pay more up to 10 paise per KMBansal today announced a hike in train fare of up to 10 paise per kilo meter.This is an unusual move by Railway Minister Mr. P.K. Bansal, two months before he announcing the Railway Budget. The fare hike is applicable across-the-board and the hike comes into effect from January 21. However, Mr. Bansal said there would be no further fare hike in the budget.
The hike ranges from 2ps per km to 10 ps per km.
2ps per km for class-II ordinary passenger and 10 paise per km is for Class-I (AC) and AC Chair car passengers.
That means, if you are travelling from Bangalore to Chennai via AC chair car, you will be paying around an additional Rs. 60/-
- Special Trains from Bangalore in the year 2013Below is the list of special trains from Bangalore to check PNR Status.
Special Trains from Bangalore – 22nd January 2013 to check PNR Status
Train No Train Name Runs From Source Runs On 06316 BANGALORE EXP KOCHUVELI MON FRI SUN 1A 2A FC 3A CC SL 2S 3E Valid Classes N Y N Y N Y N N Number of Coach – 1 – 3 – 14 – – SNo Stn Code Stn Name Route No. Arrival Time Dep. Time Halt Time (In Minutes) Distance Day Remark 1 KCVL KOCHUVELI 1 Source 16:30 0 1 2 QLN KOLLAM JN 1 17:30 17:35 5:00 59 1 3 ALLP ALLEPPEY 1 19:37 19:40 3:00 143 1 4 ERS ERNAKULAM JN 1 20:45 20:55 10:00 200 1 5 AWY ALUVA 1 21:20 21:23 3:00 219 1 6 TCR THRISUR 1 22:22 22:25 3:00 274 1 7 PGT PALAKKAD 1 00:05 00:10 5:00 351 2 8 CBE COIMBATORE JN 1 01:25 01:30 5:00 405 2 9 ED ERODE JN 1 03:30 03:35 5:00 506 2 10 SA SALEM JN 1 04:30 04:35 5:00 568 2 11 SBC BANGALORE CY JN 1 10:00 Destination 837 2
- Tatkal Verification CallTatkal ticket booking will start at 10:00 hrs instead of 08:00 hrs w.e.f.10.07.2012. A verification call may be made by IRCTC for the bookings done between 10:00 am to 10:15 am to verify userid, pnr, passenger mobile number and passenger details. This should prevent travel agents from booking tickets anonymously.
- IRCTC Tatkal Timings
Booking Tatkal Tickets on IRCTC
Tatkal booking is open on the previous day. That is, you can book a tatkal ticket one day prior to the date of journey. But, you are alighting the train on the second day of the train, then you should get a tatkal ticket two days before the date of journey.
Tatkal timings have been changed from July 2012. Tatkal tickets are now issued from 10:00 AM IST. This should greatly ease IRCTC web traffic not only at peak hour 8AM but also at 10AM. Adding to the good news, Travel Agents are not allowed to book tickets under tatkal scheme till 12:00PM, which is a fair policy and a good move from Indian Railways.
The above timings are valid as of November 2013, to book tatkal tickets.